The Lusaka Goldsmiths University Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration is versatile. With a mix of courses from different spheres of life, the Degree equips learners with knowledge of business management and entrepreneurship. Among others, the program introduces learners to business communication, which is an important component of entrepreneurship and business management. It gives the learners a feel of the processes of legal dispute resolution which is key in modern business management and entrepreneurship. The program introduces learners to the world of economics, accounting, information technology, and ecommerce. The program further introduces learners to the board rooms through corporate governance, corporate strategy and finally brings out the all-important issues of public finance.
Get your business and entrepreneurial acumen by acquiring your Bachelor of Business Degree from the Lusaka Goldsmiths University School of Business.
AIMS OF THE PROGRAM
The Lusaka Goldsmiths University Bachelor of Business Degree aims to equip learners with knowledge of business management and entrepreneurship. It trains learners on how to plan and manage businesses that are able to remain afloat in the midst of various risks arising from global conflicts, cybercrime, and other international and domestic challenges facing the business environment today. The program endeavors to train a well-refined business manager and entrepreneur who is versatile enough to navigate through the challenges presented today. To train a business manager with the ability to identify risks, challenges, and opportunities in the business world.
The Objectives of this program are to:
- Bring out knowledge of the broader functioning of a company and how the different components of a company work to bring about the successful operations of a business.
- Cultivate in the learners’ practical knowledge of the daily operations of a business and how to effectively manage its operations.
- Give knowledge on entrepreneurship and how to use innovation to sustainably operate a business.
Program Learning Outcomes:
At the end of this program you shall be able to:
- fill specialized positions in business organisations
- provide the necessary problem-solving approach to decisions made within companies
- communicate effectively in both domestic and international business contexts using their Information Technology skills
- adapt to the changing environment and develop their own careers by analysing their experiences and continuing their professional education; furthermore, to widen the knowledge they have gained on the course through practical experience
- carry out independent work in various fields within companies
- undertake management functions in the general management of organizations
Course name Course Code
Introduction to Business Communication BBA111
Introduction to Business Accounting and Finance BBA112
Introduction to Information Technology BBA113
Introduction to Business Management BBA114
Introduction to Business Mathematics and Statistics BBA121
Introduction to Psychology and sociology BBA122
Introduction to Zambian legal Process BBA123
Introduction to Entrepreneurship BBA124
Business communication BBA211
Financial accounting BBA213
Information systems BBA214
Cost Accounting BBA221
Business statistics BBA223
Business Law BBA225
Management Accounting BBA311
Organizational Behavior BBA312
Business Environment BBA314
Human Capital Management BBA315
Change management BBA321
Operations management BBA322
Corporate Strategy BBA323
Labour and Industrial relations BBA324
Risk and Investment Management BBA325
Financial Management BBA411
Strategic Management BBA412
Strategic Marketing Management BBA413
Business Research Methods BBA414
Corporate Governance BBA421
Strategic Human Capital Management BBA422
Public Finance BBA423