The Lusaka Goldsmiths University (College) Bachelor of Banking and Finance Degree is adaptable. The program has a mix of courses from different aspects of business. A graduate of Banking and Finance from Lusaka Goldsmiths University College, will be equipped with vast knowledge of banking and finance management with entrepreneurial skills. Inter alia, the program introduces learners to business communication, which is an essential component of interpersonal and business management skills, principles of microeconomics, principles of business management, banking operations, lending & international business, introduction to information technology, entrepreneurship and innovation, monetary and financial systems, business planning, organisational behaviour, portfolio theory and investment analysis, banking law and practice, regulatory framework of financial institutions, corporate and merchant banking, international banking and microfinance institutional management.
Begin your banking and finance career with a bachelor of Banking and Finance Degree from Lusaka Goldsmiths University (College) School of Law and Business.
The Banking and Finance Degree is an important degree in today’s world of commerce. With Societies globally involved in business, the knowledge of banking and finance is even more important today than ever before. The Banking and Finance degree therefore ensures that business and banking and finance personnel are equipped with knowledge of banking and finance to enable effective management of business. The need for banking and financial services cannot be over-emphasized especially with the government’s policy of championing a liberalized and private sector driven economy. The need for financing of both the medium and small and medium enterprises requires a robust banking and finance system poised to meet the capital needs of businesses which is what the Bachelor of Banking and Finance Degree brings.
With a fast developing financial sector brought about by the microfinancing institutions and other lending platforms, knowledge in the operations and regulation of financial institutions becomes cardinal. The Lusaka Goldsmiths University Bachelor of Banking and Finance Degree is designed to meet the expectations of both the private and public sector needs for the effective training of banking and finance personnel who shall understand the needs of the market while operating within the legal framework so to mitigate against risks associated with the banking and financial sector.
AIMS OF THE PROGRAM
The Lusaka Goldsmiths University (College) Bachelor of Banking and Finance Degree aims to equip learners with knowledge of banking and finance and entrepreneurial skills. Graduates will be equipped with contemporary banking and finance skills for day’s banking world. Graduates will further be equipped with banking and finance management skills for bank management and advisory skills beneficial to both individual and corporate clients.
The program aims to train a well refined personal and corporate banker who is versatile enough to navigate through the modern trends of banking and finance.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of this program learners shall:
- Learn and apply interpersonal and business communication skills,
- know and apply knowledge and principles of microeconomics,
- know and apply knowledge and principles of business management,
- learn and apply knowledge of banking operations, lending & international business
- learn and apply knowledge of banking information technology systems
- learn and apply entrepreneurial and innovation skills,
- learn and apply knowledge of monetary and financial systems,
- learn and apply knowledge of business planning
- learn and apply knowledge on organizational behaviour,
- learn and apply knowledge on portfolio theory and investment analysis
- learn and apply knowledge of banking law and practice,
- learn and apply knowledge of regulatory framework of financial institutions,
- learn and apply knowledge of corporate and merchant banking,
- learn and apply knowledge of international banking
- learn and apply knowledge in microfinance institutional management.
The assessment criteria for Lusaka Goldsmiths University (College) consists of two assignments each carrying 15 marks and an examination at the end of each semester carrying 70 marks as follows:
Assignment 1 – 15 marks
Assignment 2 – 15 marks
Final Examination 70 marks
Total: 100 marks
The programme course outline can be accessed here.
Note: Progression rules set by the University Senate allows only students who do and submit both their Continuous Assessments (Assignments), to proceed and sit for their final semester examinations.